Thursday, June 2, 2011

More Active

Yesterday Seth turned two months old.

Today I feel extremely motivated.

This will probably turn around and bite me in the butt (aka I'll probably try to do too much), but I'm going to start a sort of "2 months resolution". That is, I'm going to start to try to do more than just my silly games on Facebook or the iPhone.

Don't get me wrong, those games were lifesavers, especially during growth spurts, but now it's time to wean myself off of them!

When I am absolutely stuck on the couch, I'll try to at least blog a little more!

Seth is what some people like to refer to as a "high needs" baby. Mostly this just means he needs a little extra lovin/attention. And of course nursing :D Many people (mostly well meaning) try to tell me I need to put him down more, but it really doesn't benefit either of us... He simply won't stand for it; he'll cry and cry & work himself up...I'd much rather have a happy, calm baby. As he gets older, though, we both get better at a couple minutes here or there apart (he doesn't always start right in on the screaming! just whines about it). So I'll go grab a bite or find some papers, etc. Moral of the story is, sorry people, I am going to continue to hold him a lot, even if I won't be able to with subsequent children. 

But. We are getting better at using the Moby wrap. Since he comes to work with me all the time for now, I usually use it during the afternoons at work, but I think we can step it up a notch. So when he's in there, I can usually do something else. Perhaps not what I was planning on, if he wants me to keep walking, but at least more than just being a couch potato!

Also, if I am a little more disciplined, I know we can get him to nap in his crib. It's just a matter of paying more attention to when he falls into his deep sleep. I often miss it and then would only get a few minutes of him being down before he's ready to be picked up (or if I try to soon, he'll wake up again). Generally, I'd just rather have him have a good nap rather than wake up because I try to put him down...then he gets cranky!

But like I said, we are growing up!

So some things I would like to do:
knit! (obviously hehe)
finish his curtains (one is almost done!)
Take some ideas from http://makeit-loveit.com/ and make some cute things, especially her yoga-band dress.
Scrapbook (well, most of that will happen on church-scrap days)
help my hubby more around the house! (can I just say how grateful I am to have him??)

I'm sure there's more, but I better not think about it too closely.

I will also try to post pictures of my crafty accomplishments...and of my son.
In fact, here's one for you now :)



God's blessings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment